There were a few more projects that needed to be finished before we were really ready for our new baby boy. We knew all along that Stevie would share his room with his new brother, but what we didn't think through well enough was how we were going to fit a crib and another dresser into Stevie's room along with the queen size bed that was already in there.
Madi was very quick to come up with the solution. She graciously volunteered to take the queen size bed, on the condition of redoing her room too. So first we tackled the boys room. We brought in the crib that our good friends the
Edelmans gave us (it matches the dressers perfectly) and made up the bed with the new "Little Patriot" bedding. It goes great with the Americana theme. Stevie seems pretty happy with the new set up and with think baby will love it.



After the boys room was finished, Mom
realized with great sadness that both of her girls have outgrown the whimsical garden room with the picket fence and trees and flowers. It was my favorite room in the house and the last room to undergo redecorating since we moved in 11 years ago. So down came the pickets and the wall paper (even the tree that has served as our growth chart over the years) and up went the pink paint and the bright stripes.
Madi found some great, bright colored funky storage boxes that she decided to base the room around. She and Brooke chose the fun bright paint and Dad was a great sport to let 3 women boss him around. He is a very patient painter.

The room turned out great and it will grow up with
Madi through the next several years. She is happy as a clam.


So now with
every one's room completed we are ready to welcome our newest family member.
Dad wonders if I can sleep better now that these projects are complete... he must have a short memory because sleepless nights are only going to get worse... not better for a long, long time.
5 comments:
Both rooms look great. I especially love the curatain rod with the ivy in the girls room!
Cute! I love the stripes.
I'm not looking forward to the sleepless nights either. :(
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!
ROCKIN!! I LOVE both rooms! Madi's room seem so much bigger! I love the stripes! Kudos to you guys Stripes are so consuming!!! They look awesome! Stevie and "Indy" (still gunna call him that for a while you know) have the coolest American room a boy could have! I wish I could see them in person!
Those rooms look amazing! The only thing you need now is the baby and they will look complete! Love it.
Seriously super cute!!!! Hopefully, Allegra and I will be able to see you when we come down the 2nd week of Nov.
Post a Comment