Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Here's to Getting Older!!
40 plus 3 equals 43. March is a big birthday month at our house. Guess who is 40 and guess who is 3 years older. We always have a good time celebrating for a whole week. Dad's birthday was golf themed --getting a new driver and golf pass as well as his favorite treats. Dad also got our first Club Ferguson Blog Book. It is great to look back and see the highlights of the past year. For mom's birthday she got new dishes from Grandpa and Grandma, clothes, cell phone and LOTS of candy.The big surprise of the day was a gift from the heart from Boyd and Julie. Julie explained that 40 is a big birthday, another milestone in life, a time to reach back to your roots but also reach forward. They gave me Julie's beautiful Mandolin. I was stunned. A mandolin is very similar to to the violin, the same strings-- but 2 of each string. So I will reach way, way back into my past about 26 years to when I played the violin. But instead of a bow, you pick and strum like a guitar It has a beautiful sound (well not from me yet... I have a long way to go.) So now I have a new hobby, a new goal--learn the mandolin. I guess it is pretty sweet, after all, to get old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment